Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

SLOW Progress !


Sometimes, progress is slooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

I continue to work very hard on this piece, but it is still not finished.
 
 
 
So - what on earth have I been doing, you might ask???  Well, let's see.
 
I have been working on the stitching on the white center...I put a design in the center, and am scribbling and pebbling around it... about half the center linen is done.


then I put some parallel lines on each corner - I love parallel lines.

I did all the scribbling around the feathers - that looks really dramatic now, makes the feathers pop !


 The outer border has been a lot of work, but it's turning out nicely.  I went over the grid lines with the darker thread to give it definition, and I have some dark, tiny beads, and will put one at each intersection...  pls ignore the blue stuff - that's just marker that I need to wash out... I sprayed it, so its partially gone, but it will take an immersion for it to be all gone !

 
 
 
So - here I am, sewing away !   
 
 
Soon this will be ready to square up and bind - how cool will that be??
 
 
Happy Sunday afternoon,
 
Kate
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...