Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Da Judge -

Good Morning............

I am off on a new adventure.   I'm gonna be DA JUDGE.

A few years ago I took an NQA course called "Introduction to Quilt Judging".  Mostly I took it cause I wanted to enter shows and win RIBBONS . 

Well - CHECK.  I won some lovely ribbons over the years since.

Now I want to do some judging.........

Well, if you're a quilter, you know that NQA , National Quilt Association, closed its doors.  Sigh. 

But, there's a new sheriff in town, as they say:

The National Association of Certified Quilt Judges.......... NACQJ.

(now just chew on those letters for a while)...

So - I am setting off to complete the requirements to be admitted to CANDIDACY.   I must fulfill the following:
3 full-day experiences assisting on a judging floor, one with a certified judge.
serving as a judge in a show with at least 30 quilts.....

OK, here we go... 

I have been working my email contacts, and with some help from the NACQJ people, I have my full-day experiences all lined up.

Now to find an opportunity to serve as a judge in a show with at least 30 quilts..............

Stay tuned....................... adventure ahead !

Kate




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...