Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Oh My ! Transitions

Change.............  much Change........

Yesterday was my last day in my professional role as Dean of the College.  Thank goodness all the 'farewell' events were last week, so no more of those .  I appreciate people's thank-yous and well wishes, but my emotions run far too freely for those public displays. 

So - that part is done.  Now I am a member of the faculty, and i have a year's sabbatical-type leave ahead of me - hooray and yippee.  Let it begin TODAY .

Also, on my final day in that role, I received the most fabulous email from the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, UK.  I had put in an application to display my quilts in a Gallery at the 2020 Festival next year.......  and I figured it was more than a long shot..........WELL ... shiver me timbers !!!  Yesterday I learned that I made the cut to the short list - and they wanted more photos ..... WOW ....

Here are some of the photos i sent........... 

First up is a cute little doily, set in a simple quilting design.  This is a class sample, and represents a project that is easy and quick.  

 This is a vintage lace pillowcase - that I then added what seemed like one MILLION gold beads !
 A damask tablecloth is the star of this piece, photographed before finished.  Now it has some lace, some beads, and some binding,  but I can't find a photo of it completed ....
 And a piece not finished yet.  Isn't this embroidery fantastic ????  Can't wait to get this finished.
 And one more piece of damask - this time a napkin.  yes, a lovely napkin.  And the design is in the damask itself.  I love working on damask - fun , fun 

 So now I wait for a decision.  Either way, I am deeply honored and excited to be considered.  Truly.

Big endings............. and big beginnings..............perhaps............

Fun times ahead.

Kathleen (Kate)










1 comment:

Louise said...

I really hope they select you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...