Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Nimble Thimbles

Hello !!!

Last weekend I had the pleasure of visiting the Nimble Thimble Guild in Greenville, SC.  

On Saturday, we had a class, and we talked about how to make small wholecloth quilts using pieces of embroidered bed, bath, or table linens as the top layer of the quilt.

Each member of the class brought some linens - one lady brought her hanky from her First Communion !   

After some discussions about Design Basics, including symmetry/asymmetry, Sunshine and Shadow,  we learned about double batting techniques, and the ladies began to design their pieces.  
By lunchtime, the small  quilts were marked and pinned, and ready to be quilted.  





On Monday night, I returned for a Guild Meeting and a trunk show of my own linen pieces.  My favorite part of the night was that the ladies from the class brought their pieces for Show and Tell, and one was even finished !!






Hooray, Nimble Thimblers - it was so great meeting you !


And, before I sign off, I will share a little kid-sized quilt I just finished that is made from blocks donated by quilters in my online quilt group - it's amazing how well some of these fit together, and I like this cheerful one !



Kathleen

2 comments:

Louise said...

I just think it is so neat that these ladies now can display their pretty heirlooms in a useful way! And they look quite pleased with themselves :)

Carol E. said...

You rock!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...