Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Bodega Bay

 Do you know where Bodega Bay is?  

It's in Northern California - a beautiful spot where the hills meet the Pacific.

It's also the place where the movie "The Birds"  was filmed.


So - when I began to work on this vintage tablecloth, i lived in California, and gave it this name because of the beautiful birds embroidered on the cloth.





Do you see the bird?  

I believe this tablecloth is a Madeira cloth, appr 50 inches square.  I have been working on it for 5 years, with lots of stops and starts.  


Next weekend it will be off in the mail to its first competition - the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza.   

Good luck, Bodega !!!


Kathleen

5 comments:

Becky said...

If the Covid numbers don't rise, we are off to PA to the show. I will look for yours. It is stunning.

swooze said...

It’s beautiful. Hope it wins!

Beth H said...

Amazing tiny detail work on this one!
I see no beads. Is this one bead free?

Louise said...

SUCH a gorgeous piece!!

Claire said...

Gorgeous! Do I see hand stitching in the more puffy parts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...