Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

FABULOUS QUILTY FUN

Oh have I been having some great fun in the past few days.... I 've been working on three great projects.....

Victoria of Bumble Beans commission several of us to make blocks from a new quilt line, called Cloud 9 - so I did a paper pieced block, that came out like this: Watch her blog to see what wonderfully creative thing she does with these blocks... http://bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com



And I started a new paper pieced quilt from a pattern in Bella Bella Quilts... this is just the center medallion... and it's LOTS of fun...


And then I put this little baby top together with some simple instructions, to post on the web at Bumble Beans for anyone who wants to make an easy, simple quilt for their charity drive for families who are transitioning from homelessness to being in a home again... it's a 700-quilt goal and its a fabulous initiative. Stop by and leave a quilt in the Comment section !





And now today I get to go over to Berkeley, CA to a wonderful shop called New Pieces, and pickup some fabric I need to continue on the Bella Bella quilt... and have a wonderful lunch at one of the many great restaurants in Berkeley...





Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!





Kate

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The very first piece is very striking. I have not done paper pieceing ... sheeeez ... lucky I can count, cut, and sew!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I loved the use of the deep red fabric in your block for BumbleBeans! I enjoyed making my block for the challenge and look forward to seeing them all in a finished quilt. Makes me smile. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...