Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

First Finish of 2014

Hello everyone...   today was a huge day.... I finished this piece...it actually hangs the 'other' way, but I can't rotate the photo... 

The piece is called "Elisabeth's Legacy".  It is a Madeira embroidered table runner, placed on Radiance fabric, and quilted.  It is named after Elizabeth Porter, who introduced embroidery to the women on Madeira, thus establishing a cottage industry that became the highest form embroidered table and bed linens. 

Here are some detail shots






I do dearly love this piece - I have such respect for the skills of the original embroiderer, and tried to enhance them with my own work.  
I'll be entering it in the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival -  wish me luck!

For now, I think I'll just keep looking at it!!

Kate

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Absolutely stunning! Well done, and good luck.

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful and I look forward to seeing it at Mid-Atlantic!

Michele said...

Words cannot adequately describe how beautiful this is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...