Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

MY NEW ADOPTEES !!!!


Well, I just made a trip to the East Coast, where I met my two new sewing machine adopted children:


Yep, those are "Egyptian" decals from a Singer treadle:  1906, I think.  My sister found it in a neighbor's garage, asked for it, and got it - free..............
 seems to have both bobbins and shuttle...
 some of the decals are in gorgeous shape - a few others not so, but then, it's had a long life!

 one day I will have this little beauty in my house, when I retire and move to the east coast!

My other "adoptee" is this Singer 301 ... I bought it through the mail for my 92 year old mother, who was having a terrible time sewing with the "new" machines.  I just new this is what she wanted, and it was!  She is loving it.... It will be mine too,  "one day"... 
Oh it was a magnificent quilty trip - I also got a hand-crocheted coverlet that was made by my grt grt grt grandmother... and it is in gorgeous condition.  Another day I will pull it out and take some photos.  And then figure out how to store it properly as well.  

For now, long trip over, we are home, I dragged through the trip with the end of the flu, my DH got sick enroute, and we are both so tired we can't move.  No sewing yet... but soon.

Kate

7 comments:

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Such great finds! I hope you are feeling well soon.

Missy Shay said...

I do all of my quilting on a treadle! Those are both great machines to work on.

Jasmine said...

Oh, my! Thanks for sharing pictures of these beauties.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely treadle. Be VERY careful if you clean it, so you don't ruin/silver the decals. I have a 301, same color, with the long bed instead of the short bed. I was sewing with it last night. Fun machines.

Muv said...

Hello Kate,

Lovely treadle, and at just the right price, too! I bet you can't wait to sew on it. I do all my sewing on hand machines or treadles- my newest machine dates from 1949. Plenty of info on my blog and Youtube channel if you need it.

Love from England,
Muv


Kacey said...

Congrats on your new babies! :-)

Linda Wulf Koenig said...

Oh my word, that machine with the decals is probably the most beautiful sewing machine I've ever laid eyes on! And the table...just gorgeous. I love that you found an old, reliable machine for your mother. It reminds me very much of my 1962 Singer 503a, a true workhorse much loved by its original owner, my late mother-in-law. It's even the same color. Kudos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...