Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Lovin' this New Project

Oh my, my...

Starting a new project is simply the very most fun...

So - I have a few days of vacation - and decided to pin up a new linen quilt... 

(and no, do not ask if this means I have finished my other linen quilts, thank you very much).

So - here it is all pinned on the tables in my garage:  


That's a gorgeous brick-red dupioni silk - don't you love the color?   And the linen is a vintage Madeira embroidered tablecloth I found on eBay...  I put in a double batting - one thin cotton, and one wool bat... 

isn't this embroidery work just superb?  

oh - this one?  My little helper, Gloucester.  She wanted to help, but it was time for her morning nap - on two blankets, with a little cover over her...  'tis the life !



We have a ten-day vacation - oh, we'll do a bit of staying home, and a bit of driving around north of San Francisco.  So fun !

Where is that sewing machine - let me get busy  - I hope to have 'finishes' soon !

Kate 













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...