Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Just Shaking My Head in disbelief..................



Hi there -

We just got back from a couple of days vacation - up the gorgeous California coast - -

you know...

     gorgeous coastlines...............this is around Bodega Bay, the little town where Hitchcock filmed "The Birds"..................
 and we saw a sign at a local restaurant that "Tippi Hedron will be here Labor Day weekend" - in the same spot where she ran for help from the birds so many years ago..............  oh well, missed that !!

more gorgeous coast.............

 and then, just a few miles inland - GIGANTIC redwood trees........ some over 300 feet tall, and more than 2000 years old... wowee......................

 
but you see, there just was no where to .............. well, you know............ pee...
 
So I ran behind a tree - mind you a tree that was about TWELVE FEET WIDE - - and then I saw this sign:::::


HOLY BATMAN....  pull up your pants and get out of here... 
 

But it was this scene that most fascinated me...  I watched this couple for a long time:
 
 
He is painting that big rock that you see in the edge of the photo;  she is reading a book.  They have all their "stuff"  all laid out - paints, food, drinks, water, you can tell this is not 'speed painting"... instead, every so often, he paints a stroke, and then sits for a while before picking up the brush again. 
She just reads, and reads.  No words, no actions.  I get the strongest feeling they have spent many many hours together, in this same partnership.................. it's just lovely, isn't it?  
 
Me, I would already have screamed "just finish it, it's cold out here" and packed up the car !
 
And thank goodness there was no snake.  I just can see me explaining how I got bit by a snake in my private parts !
 
I can not believe I wrote that.............................
 
 
Kate, shaking her head
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Jean said...

Thanks for a good laugh today.

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Thanks for putting my smile on today!

Pattilou said...

HaHa! I love people watching! Lovely to see your pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...