Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Goin to Lancaster !

NO - not me !!!

One of my quilts -    remember this one, it's called "Annabelle's Wedding Feast"





Annabelle was just accepted into the Mancuso Lancaster Show - they are having a "throwback" competition, meaning you can enter quilts made over a wider time span than the usual three years.  so, Annabelle gets another chance to travel !!!  She thought she was retired  - - ha ha. 

Lots of people ask how i did the center of the quilt - so I'll let you in on the secret.  When I first made the quilt, I stitched a quilted medallion in the middle - and it just wasn't good.  It looked awful.  So I put the quilt aside for a year, waiting for an idea......... finally, I remembered something my quilting mentor, Cindy Needham had done - add some special vintage lace or a doily - - and voila !

So how did it get to be that lovely peach color, you ask ?  Well, there are three doilies.  The bottom one is the biggest, and the outside ring of lace is all you see of that one.  The second doily, on top of that, is smaller, and is a peach color.  Then the third one goes on top, and provides the lovely lattice look with the peach peaking through !

Annabelle is very excited to go to Lancaster - after all, every quilts thinks Lancaster is their Mecca, don't you think ???

Now to get her nicely packaged for the journey - my favorite task (not)...

Kate

 

 















2 comments:

Louise said...

Woo hoo! Go, Annabelle! She's quite the traveler, and a real beauty to boot :)

Carol E. said...

Congratulations, Annabelle! She is much too modest...did she brag at Sunshine yet??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...