Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

A Treadle


We have a new machine at my house...……. well, not really new.

But new to us.  I have been waiting to put it in front of the bay window, and now it is in.

Yes, it has a machine, dated 1906, and is in working order after I get the belt repaired, I think.  One day I will open her up and let the machine come out to play.



For the moment, though, Kitty Mystic is enjoying it far too much, as it gives him a view of the pond, the birds, and all the squirrels !  



Kate, aka Kathleen








5 comments:

patty a. said...

I have taken stewardship of my grandmother's treadle machine. At some point it was electrified. I have never plugged it in to try and use it.

Claire said...

It looks very like the machine I learned to sew on. Have fun!

Louise said...

Can't wait to see the machine come out and play in this lovely cabinet!

Beth said...

You are so ready to keep a goin' if the electricity goes out! I think a treadle machine is an awesome idea!

Carol E. said...

How lovely all around -- the cabinet, the machine, the cat, the view. You are having fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...