Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Donation Quilting

Hello everybody -

As life begins to return to something close to normal for our family after the gigantic move from San Francisco to North Carolina, I have been opening bins of fabric and unfinished projects.  With the holidays approaching, it was a good time to complete some donation quilts.  Here are some samples:
The ever-growing stack of crumb blocks turned into this strong top.  DH says it qualifies for use by a boy !!!

This one comes from orphan blocks with a bit of red sashing.  Any time I have any leftover block, I size it up to 12.5 inches and put it in the orphan pile, so I have lots of variety to choose from !

This 
this is just a top, but I just fell in love with it.  This is for a Challenge for Quilts Beyond Borders.

 
and last but not at all least, some simple half-square triangles, all ready to go hug a child somewhere.  I just love the simplicity of traditional quilts !

Meanwhile, I am busy planning for my exhibition at the Birmingham Festival of Quilts next summer, and I decided it was time I had a real web page, in addition to a blog...…  Now THAT can eat up all your spare time !!!!  Soon, soon.


Hope you are enjoying planning for the holiday.  DH and I will keep it simple - a dinner with some friends, and some relaxing time at home.  No big travel for us this year.  We will snuggle up in front of the fire, I will quilt, and he will work on his stamp collection - sounds like heaven to me !

Kathleen


1 comment:

Louise said...

Great to see these all together! I'm feeling inspired by the masculine first one today. I have a bunch of fairly bright scrappy blocks that could really work with a strong, more grayed background like that for Covered in Love. I always feel like those quilts should be a little more somber.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...