Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Carolina Beach

oh - doesn't it sound wonderful ?   Just the name.... Carolina Beach...

Carolina Beach is a wonderful little beach town off the southern coast of North Carolina, near Wilmington.  Somehow it has managed to avoid being taken over by the giant condominiums and immense hotel chains, and has retained some of its true beach town style...  and it's near Wilmington, with an airport and hospital and university...





We stayed in a fabulous condo on the beach - my DS came to join us...  which provided an opportunity to give her the quilt I have been making for her.  When she visited us last summer, I asked her to help me pin-baste it - she had no idea it was to be her quilt!!!!  Here is a photo, taken at the condo... 
All in all, it was a wonderful wonderful trip - and, we shopped for a retirement house - and we FOUND ONE !!!!    Watch for the next post...  I am so pumped about retirement now!!

Tomorrow is Cesar Chavez day in California - a state holiday - so I shall celebrate by quilting, of course!!!! 

Happy Friday to all of you,

Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...