Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

A Quilty Christmas Eve

Merry, Merry Christmas Eve to everyone.  To all who are in snow, I hope you enjoy the wintry wonderland...  Here in California it is rainy and cool - this is our "yucky weather" time of the year - it is short and not very severe.  But the hummingbirds do not migrate, so I have been watching them eat this morning... 

We are having a quiet Christmas - decided not to fly back east cause the airfares were just astronomical - we can go for half the price in just a few weeks...

So - lots of time for sewing...  I've been working on these little beauties - they each measure 5 inches... take forever, but oh boy are they cute!!  And the perfect use of small leftover pieces...  the tiny bits that go in the trash make me very very happy!!

 The new kittens have grown up into toddlers, and got limited access to the sewing room this weekend... egad!! Lots of ways to cause problems there - like stealing my chair...
 Trying to press those strings!!
 oh no - an empty space in the 'whites' - I will do my best to fill it in!!
 As for me - I am determined to work on this pile of batting - just got to piece it together and use it - have some small charity quilts to sandwich, so pieced batting will work just great... 

I do hope everyone enjoys the holiday ,  and has safe travels and great meals!! 

My best present is lots of time to sew, so stay tuned for progress photos!!!

Happy Holidays to all,

Kate






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I count right your 5-inch blocks have 1/2-inch strips! Nice. I love tiny.

Sara said...

Those blocks are pretty!!

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Sharon Stroud said...

Merry Christmas, Kathleen! Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Fabric and cats...simply made to go together!

Jennifer said...

Great pineapple blocks! Hope the kitties behaved for Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...