Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Sewing




Hello everyone and a happy Sunday afternoon - I've been doing some really fun sewing on a block challenge by the Yahoo Sunshine Quilt Guild - a block a day during Lent... now mind you, we're not a Catholic guild... and most people said 'oh sure' and then later asked 'how many days in Lent?"  ... so, we're just an agreeable bunch, and when someone says the word 'challenge', we say 'sure'.

I have been making assembly line 'parts - red HSTs, black flying geese, piles of them.  Then I find a 6 1/2 inch square of novelty fabric, and zoom a block is born!  The kittens seem particularly interested... 7 down, 40 more to go..but i am having fun.












DH put one of the blocks over the Little Bit for a blanket - oh , grab the camera - it's a cutie!!!


I did have a wonderful Quilting AHA moment today...

Since buying my APQS George quilting machine, I have been focusing on thread tension, as I learn how to adjust for different thread weights - turns out not to be so very difficult... whew..

But my Bernina stitch just didn't look good - thread just laying there on top like a small snake... 

Finally, I pulled out the bobbin, had a talk with it, and TURNED THE SCREW, and put it back... and left the room - I was so sure it was gonna go berserk because I messed with the bobbin tension.......

Two hours later I got brave enough to sew - and it was MUCH BETTER !!!!  oh boy but I feel like a pro now, I can adjust the bobbin thread without going into fear and trembling!

How will I stand myself if I get any more capable????  Hmmm, I'm sure something will bring me back to earth ...

Happy sunday to everyone!  Hummingbirds are in full force here - four or five feeding at once... 

Happy quilting,

Kate














No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...