Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Retreat Lag

DH just came home and I met him at the door saying "I'm so glad you're home - I just can't sew any more!"   I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S TRUE.

I have sewn myself to the bone... 

Most fun of all, I started a whole-cloth quilt using this lovely hankie as the focal point.   I am putting it on a nice piece of dupioni silk...  I got it laid out, designed the quilting, and got the marking down today.  Another day I will sandwich and select a backing.  Isn't it lovely??? I can't wait to sew on it... (and no, that red fabric is not what it is going on ...it was just laying there).  Stay tuned, this is going to be a alovely project, i think.


I quilted up a little charity quilt for the Sunshine Guild, and threw the binding on it.  It still needs to go through the washer.  I'll leave that for DH - he does all the laundry now that he is retired  - yes, he does!


 I just had to include this sweet photo of Mystic, our Kitten Boy - so beautiful - and so completely Goofy when he is awake!  We learned this week he has an eating disorder - seriously - it causes cats to eat non-food items like cardboard...  and wool.... and quilt batting.......... hmmm, got to lock up all the batting now. 

Lots of time spent doing the ditch-work on this string quilt.  Almost finished.  This is one we will keep for daily use.   
And then, there was LOTS done on the pineapples - started 24 more 5-inch squares.  And cut freezer paper and made patterns for half of the blocks on the Sue Garmin applique quilt.

OH - what would a retreat be without shopping??? Yes, there was shopping - online, of course - a lovely order sent to Superior Threads. I am still stocking up on the kinds of threads my new George likes to use...  

SO - I am proclaiming the machine sewing DONE for my retreat weekend.  I'm going to curl up on the couch with some applique and some hexagons and watch TV and veg out.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

Kate.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...