Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sometimes You Eat the Bear...............

Do you know that saying???? 
Sometimes you Eat the Bear.............. Sometimes the Bear Eats You............

Well, heck, it has been a day..............

Work wasn't great - DH says "honey, that's why they call it WORK"....  enough of that already.

This project has been declared RIP - dead - disaster beyond repair... sad......... it doesn't look too bad  in this photo::::
 But, I tried a couple of things that just didn't work:  1.  double thickness of wool batting - don't do it...  stiff and heavy like a horse blanket - mistake;   2.  that blue pencil - a Sullivan 6 in 1 water soluble marking pen - its NOT water soluble........... I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE TESTED IT.....  but I did not alas, alas...................  somehow in my mind it was blue, like the magic blue pens, so of course it would come out.  

So, RIP, project - it was fun, and I learned from you, and the Sullivan pens are in the trash can....

It reminds me of a dress I made in high school - for a Hawaiian luau - I chose a fabric with tropical flowers and fruit - - and after cutting and sewing, tried it on, to discover a GIGANTIC bunch of CHERRIES positioned right smack dab in the middle of the front of the skirt............... oh Lord.... a 17 year old with a bunch of cherries positioned just RIGHT THERE - balled it up and pitched it... well today was like that - it is gone, in the trash, driven away by the big green truck.

Unfortunately later I discovered that my number 37 Bernina foot went away in the big green truck, too - it fell off the table into the trash - DH said he saw something in the trash but didn't double check - - ugh - - he will go to the Bernina store tomorrow to buy a replacement - I can't fuss - oh well, they make more of those.

On a lighter note - I was putting on binding tonight - laid the binding on the chair and went to the ladies - - returned to this...  a good time being had by all - see the little gray one hiding under the chair saying "I didn't do it"... 

oh well - tomorrow is another day, isn't it?

I'm going to settle down on the couch, hand sew a binding, and watch some tv... 

Kate












 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...