Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Hands2Help Progress !

Happy Sunday to everyone... 

It is a spectacular day here - sunny and beautiful - the hummingbirds are gulping down their food, the kittens are wrestling on the den floor...  and I slept late, late, late... 

It's time to link up to Sarah's Hands2Help initiative...  I'm making great progress on the two quilts I promised for Happy Chemo.  

I love love this one - it's all finished.  It came from my 2 1/2 inch scrap drawer... with black squares interspersed.  I just love black - makes any color look fabulous, doesn't it?   It's in the washer right now...


My second one is another quilt made from leftovers, this time with white as the offset color.  As you see, I still have some binding to sew down, and this one will be finished, too!

I hope to get these both in the mail sometime in the next week.  

This is a great project - and I think more than 80 quilters are participating - and there are fantastic PRIZES!!!!  If you want to jump in, there's still time... just visit Sarah at her web page, and she will tell you how ...

Have a nice day, everyone. 

Kate














7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cool quilts!

Karen said...

Both quilts are awesome. I always love black in a quilt.

tink's mom said...

Great quilts. you are right about the black. They will be loved.

Sue Daurio said...

Love the 2.5 in quilt, my 2.5 inch strips are overflowing and this might be just the thing to get them under control!

Carol E. said...

Those quilts will be nice comfort for two someones.

Kathy said...

I love your quilts, especially the one with the black! These will be great for H2H. I'm sure they will brighten someone's day a lot.

Karen said...

Both quilts are lovely. I love the green border with the black.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...