Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I'm Out of My Funk!

Well, when last I posted, I was just overwhelmed - everywhere I looked, there was just 'too much'...

too much paperwork for taxes, and where oh where is DH's form from Social Security???? not to be found, waiting for a replacement now......

too many quilts...........??????

too many scraps.............???????

funny how your perspective can change.

I covered up the tax paperwork with a big towel.  It it's still there on April 15, I will hit the button on Turbo Tax that says "file extension" and worry about it later...

I took all the charity quilts outside and photographed them on the fence:::

 here are some closeups:  

 
I made a few of these - others I just quilted, over the past 8 months... aren't they fabulous???  They will go to the Wrap-A-Smile program , that sends Rotary-sponsored doctors to third world countries to perform facial disfigurement surgery.... and we send quilts to wrap children in afterwards...  a big old lovey hug.
 
Well, that made me feel a WHOLE LOT better...
 
And then the mail came:
 
My quilt "Elizabeth's Legacy" got juried into the Denver National Show... yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have to get it all packed up - at least it already has a sleeve and a label. 
 
And, as for the scraps - well, they just are what they are....  an invitation to sew - not a mandate,  not a burden, not something to be guilty about.........
 
OK, I am finding my way back to some even keel - I think I will go sew!
 
Take care,
 
Kate
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Beth said...

The quilts all lined up on the fence are such a happy site! Congrats on being accepted into a juried show!

Empty Closet Quilting said...

An invitation to sew - I just love that! Enjoy the process and be proud of all of those quilts you have made.

Carol E. said...

I've been overwhelmed, too, as I have packed and gone to two retreats, and came back with more mess which I did not re-organize but left in semi-packed state. Everything has been in a mess.. finally got started on just a LITTLE cleaning of it all, and I feel so much better. Now I'm ready to sew again!

Unknown said...

Oh wow,those quilts are awesome, so colourful! Is it not fun doing someone elses creations?
I am busy packing for home and know of the stress of getting back before tax deadline.
Breathe, breathe is what I do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...