Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Now it's REALLY finished !

Well - I probably showed you this one before - but now it's REALLY finished - and ready to be entered into a juried show.


I named it "Marie Laveau's Garden Gate", because it reminds me of the fabulous ironwork on the houses and yards in New Orleans. 


Here's a closeup - the black 'stuff' is black quilt binding, sewn to a piece of organza, then the excess cut away, and quilted on top of a traditional three-layer quilt.  The creative possibilities are nearly endless - I will be doing more in this technique... 


"Marie" is entered in a couple of quilt shows for January - my fingers are crossed!  She wants to travel. 

Everyone enjoy Veteran's Day tomorrow !

Kate










1 comment:

Barb H said...

Sorry for the late comment but other things have kept me from following my blogs lately. Marie is amazing! If she doesn't come home with blue ribbons, I think the judges are blind. I love the beautiful work you do--it's truly quilting eye candy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...