Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Quilting Saturday

Hello everyone - and my best wishes to everyone on the east coast....here in California, it's another beautiful 70 degree day... beautiful sunshine - I am watching the birds eat and bathe on our back patio...

I'm having a great quilty day - moving a few projects toward completion...
This will be a charity quilt - it's made of 1930s fabric blocks I got in a swap and finally got quilted - it is now being bound and then it's ready to give away.


This second one is a top, made of lottery blocks I won from the Sunshine Yahoo Guild - always fun to win blocks!!! the theme was flowers - but a kitty snuck in there! (sorry for the light washout - it was a bit too sunny I think)



And, there's the endless flying geese quilt - the center of the quilt is almost finished - a little bit more to do... then I have to figure out what I will do for borders...waiting for some inspiration!




ooh am I having fun - happy quilting to you..


Kate


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the flying geese quilt. That is a Linda Ballard pattern that I have not seen before. Are the fabrics batik?
Kathy B
Yolo, CA

Kathleen said...

thanks - i love it too. I think it's a new pattern. The yellows are some hand-dyed fabric - the brown is a batik. I'm still playing with border ideas...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...