Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Sewing Sunday and Some Lost Candlesticks

What a fun quilty day I have had!!  And there are yet a few hours left to do some handwork.

First I worked on this top... I love the quiet elegance of this pattern - just a 9-patch and a square-in-a-square...  but it comes out so lovely... This will be a gift, or will be one of my daily-use quilts...  we will see.
There's more to go, and a border to be figured out...

Then I tidied up a bit - washed some fabric...

And I unpacked a box marked "unwashed fabric" - from our move to California 18 months ago...  and guess what?  Buried in that lovely unwashed fabric were - yippee - my candlesticks!!!  I wondered how I had lost them...  lovely now to see them - like old lost friends who have come home...

And then I made "units" -...  just some little squares, into four-patches... not sure what I will do with them, but they sure are cute - little 1 1/2 inch cuties...  so fun...

And now I will work on this damn adorable hexagon quilt...  this is month number 13 on this baby...

Hope everyone is looking forward to a good week.... five days and there is another WEEKEND - yahooo.

Kate




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...