Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

But, Your Honor!!!!

So - the summons said 'you must appear at the court on January 7......for jury duty...  but I didn't worry - they wouldn't pick MEEEEE




The Judge said .... the following potential jurors are excused................
But she did NOT call my name...........

The Judge said... the trial will run  for FOUR WEEKS....
And I thought..... BUT , YOUR HONOR, I can't finish Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street   !!!

The Judge said...  you must always be on time, and no absences are allowed !!
And I thought but, YOUR HONOR Honor, I have charity quilts to quilt....

The Judge said ... there is a possibility the trial may be extended......
BUT YOUR HONOR, I have to put the binding on my quilts for the quilt show!

So - thank goodness for SATURDAY and SUNDAY - i'm quilting as hard as I can today and tomorrow! 

and - thank goodness the trial doesn't go on FRI, cause I can still go to Road to California to see my quilt in the show!

Maybe I'll have a photo of something tomorrow!

Kate, aka Juror no. 11

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

Good luck. Sounds like a biggie. I did one of those, too. It went for five weeks, and we were sequestered for the last 3-4 days. Quite the experience.

Pattilou said...

My court experiences have always been short. I do hope you make it to see the quilt show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...