Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

It's a Staycation !!!!!

oh hello my friends...

I'm on holiday from work, starting today, for FIVE, COUNT'EM FIVE DAYS !!!

And our holidays are simple - no traveling, no guests - just us home folks.  So, some lovely meals, but no gigantic feast...

SO HERE I AM ON DAY ONE............

woke up - - SICK !!!!    oh ouch, grumpy grumpy....... sore throat, tired, achy...........

thnk goodness I rallied a bit and got a little something done - finished up this little charity quilt:

 
This will go in a box for the organization "Quilts Beyond Borders"...  and I think some child will love its eye-popping orange brightness !  That orange fabric is one of the first pieces of quilting stash I ever bought - when I started quilting again around 1995 or so.... I bought three yards of that tone-on-tone in orange, 3 in blue, and 3 in green.........  and have just chopped away at it.  I think (HOPE) this is the last piece of it - I'm ready to see it be gone !
 
What's next?   hmmm... maybe a nap............. 
 
and then perhaps I'll find something else to do in the sewing room...........
 
good luck with all your pies and cakes and things turning out well !
 
Kate
 
 


1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Doesn't it just figure that you would be sick on your first date of your private retreat! Hope you feel better tomorrow. The quilt is really cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...