Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Third Time !!!! ??


Sometimes you just have to start OVER - and OVER !!


I made this top almost ten years ago when we lived in Greensboro, NC.  I had just begun to quilt again, and I saw it on the front cover of a book called , appropriately, "Log Cabin Quilts" by Rita Weiss and Linda Causee...  it took my breath away.

I loved the book, cause the instructions were so very clear, and it gave finished measurements of all the different size blocks that made up the quilt. 


I made this almost exactly like the original, colors and all - except I put a plain border on, just 'cause' it felt right to me.

And then I tried to quilt it...........................  one of my first attempts at machine quilting - and I really didn't know how to sandwich and baste properly.......... and there were GIANT PUCKERS on the back.............

So I unstitched, and it became a flimsy again............

Three or four years later.....................  tick, tock............ I decided to hand quilt it.............

I did about 10% of it................. and it sat, and it sat AND IT SAT.........

so yesterday, I UNSTITCHED the hand quilting.................

At least now I am an accomplished machine quilter, and I will be able to do a proper job........

WILL I DO IT SOON ???

oh, I hope so, cause I do love this little beauty.................

Stay tuned...................

Kate





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is patience! The top does deserve what you can do now.

Carol E. said...

Do it, do it! See if you can finish it in 2015.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...