Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm Gonna Be Certifiable

Well - maybe I already AM certifiable in some ways... but I'm beginning to work on a new way! Tomorrow I am going to the NQA Quilt Show in Columbus, and I'm gonna take a two-day workshop on quilt judging... and then, sometime soon, I want to start the process of becoming a certified judge. (And, for any wannabe-thieves who are reading this, my bad-ass dear hubby will be home with a gun and big stick).

I have wanted to take this workshop for a long time - in fact, I signed up (and paid) for it last year, and then was unable to go because we moved to California... so I am really looking forward to it!

First off, I think I will learn a lot about quilting... and second I will learn about judging. I have only done a little bit of judging, but I enjoy it, and it's really very similar to a lot of the academic work I have done over my career...

So - tomorrow I fly - but on Thursday I am in class all day... I'll write a nice newsy post thursday night and tell you some of the things I have learned!!

Plus, I'll take some pictures of all the fabulous quilts that will be on display!!

Yippee... Columbus here I come!

Kate

2 comments:

Sharon Stroud said...

Hi, Kathleen! You will love the judging seminar. I've been through it twice and each time I learned more.

Have a great time--can't wait to hear how things went.

Sharon

Pattilou said...

What a way to learn about the ins and outs of quilting.

Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...