Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Your opinion, please, please!!!!

My Friends, my friends...  I'd love to have your feedback....

I am putting together a new and very exciting linen quilt...  It is "built" on a very unusual tablecloth of Madeira linen.  In this photo you can see the exquisite embroidery work.  Pardon the wrinkles - I didn't iron before taking these photos. 

 One of the first decisions to make is what color "underlayment" , or background, to use.  In these first two photos, the piece is laying on a white Dupioni silk.   I think it makes the colors really beautiful - but the white is too white - an ivory color would be better...


Now, here is the piece laying on a color called "Green Tea", a very lovely delicate green... but not too green... 


and a detail shot...



OK - imagine it nicely pressed, and then beautifully quilted... which one do you like better for underlayment - WHITE, or GREEN.   Do tell me what you think, because I am really stumped....

Thanks much,

Kate


UPDATE:  SUNDAY EVENING:  THE GREEN WINS !!!!  BY A LANDSLIDE... STAY TUNED AND WE'LL SEE HOW WE CAN MAKE THIS PROJECT MOVE FORWARD!  THANKS EVERYONE WHO GAVE FEEDBACK!  kATE



7 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Green for me,the over cloth stands out more!

Michele T said...

I think that the green works very nicely too!!

Vicki W said...

I love the green!

Patricia said...

I agree with the others---the green is beautiful and really highlights the embroidery in the tablecloth.

Marjorie said...

I like the contrast with the green as well.

Sara said...

Green:)

Anonymous said...

I'm late to the party, but I like green too. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...