Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blankies for Boys!

Hello everyone - I had so much fun sewing this weekend... I went through my stash looking for some 'boy' fabrics - for a big charity quilt project...

and I found these: DINOSAURS AND HIGHTOP SNEAKERS! HOW VERY BOY!



Those fabrics became these flimsies - yet to be quilted:




And then I finished quilting this chinese coins from some strips a friend sent me (
hi Betty from Southern NY)... why is it SOOO much more fun to play in someone else's
scraps???
And then we found some time to drive into San Francisco for dim sum, to gaze at Alcatraz, and to see a Harvest Moon festival in Chinatown.
and this is the big kitty George, taking a nap with his head resting on some yarn... he does like his creature comforts!



Happy Quilting, everyone... another weekend is only five days away!
Kate






2 comments:

Barb said...

Ohhhh love those quilts....

Judy said...

Love all the quilts, they are just so beautiful. I am a machine piecer and a hand quilter. I have done a few machine quilted table runners and pot holders, the quilt as you go kind but really enjoy the relaxation of hand quilting, I just don't like that it takes so long. I also do red work (my second passion), Brazilian Embroidery, counted cross stitch, needle punch & am a sucker for any thing new that comes along that looks interesting. Those strip fat quarters would look absolutely beautiful in any fall project, especially the fall table runners I am working on now. I would like to sign up for your blog as it looks very interesting, however I did not find any place to do so. Please email me with directions on doing so.

Judy in Michigan
judyquiltz@comcast.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...