Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Best Christmas Present

Wow, what a great Christmas present this was!!!  If you don't know Sally Collins, she is noted for small-scale, precision piecing that is just drop-dead gorgeous. 

I have long wanted to improve my piecing, so am taking a week-long class with Sally this spring - - I know I have mentioned it before, i am just excited like a kid going to camp for the first time..

So - I decided to do a little homework with her books and this great DVD.

Now, mind you, DVDs can be reaaaaally boring...  and I guess to a non-quilter, this might be so...

but to me, it was just the kind of things I needed to know to make my piecing more reliable and predictable...  yippee... I am gonna watch it again today... 

And then I am going shopping on the Jinny Beyer website for a piece of fabulous border fabric that is going to be my color inspiration for the workshop project.......
The disclaimer:  I am not related to Sally, nor do I receive any benefit from recommending this product...

My project today is to sew this top together, and make a decision about borders...  It will be a charity quilt for the BASICS quilt gathering led by Victoria Finlay-Wolfe in NYC.  You can read about it at    http://bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com.  A very worthy (and fun) project for families that have been homeless and now are moving back into independent housing. 

This is a Christmas Eve mystery from the Yahoo group "A Pocket Full of Mysteries"  - thanks, Dorothy, for the mystery... 
.

A happy quilting today to all of you..

Kate


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...