Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Mysteries Abundant

Hello everyone...  it's been such a great week at the Quilting Professor's house...  My goal has been not to leave the house unless absolutely necessary - I'm not sure how long I would like this, but it has been great this week! 

I finished up the Pocket Full of Mysteries top, designed by Dorothy Young.... very bright and happy, I think.  When quilted, it will go to the BASICS charity quilt initiative. 

I spent some time today viewing the Sally Collins DVD on Precision Piecing - wonderful!!  I got better just sitting on the couch viewing it... I swear...

I have also been sandwiching some small charity kids quilts.  I love seeing them all stacked and ready to quilt. 

Here is my little comfortable den from which I write this afternoon - the late afternoon sun is trying to stream through the windows... You can see , very dimly, kitty George asleep on the foot of the recliner, on a blanket, covered with a dish towel - his favorite nap place...  Over on the right is the "covered with quilts" chair - the place quilts 'rest' during various phases of construction... and, of course, a quilt spread on the floor... yes, that's home...

Hope you are all preparing for a great new year!

Kate

3 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Ahhh a week of not going out and of lots of sewing - sounds like bliss to me and the den looks pretty blissful to me too!!! Kitty seems to be quite at peace with the arrangements too!

Anonymous said...

I really like the way your den looks. As for the quilt on the floor, that's where mine are placed during construction. Thanks for sharing. Have a great new year.
cindy

Murr Brewster said...

I still don't have one room big enough to lay out a king quilt and still be able to step around it. I asked my husband to install a trapeze in the bedroom, which is the largest room, to cope with this problem, and he hasn't closed his mouth since.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...