Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

PILGRIMAGE !!!!

Hmmmm... here's one little clue:
yep - I went to the Quilty Heartland of Pennsylvania:  Lancaster County...

I had a business meeting in Philadelphia, so DH went with me and we grabbed a car and spent the night in :::::   
 you know, we tried to be mature, but when your hotel has THAT sign on it, one just has to giggle...

We went to Sauder's in Denver PA, an amazing little house with a gigantic basement full of fabrics, including a great table of flat folds for $2.99 a yard... 

 Everywhere we looked there were quilts - real quilts, photos of quilts, murals of quilts...
 We went to Zooks - again, more and more fabrics...

We had such a great little visit to Lancaster county - it was a few years since I was there - and it was great to be there when there weren't so many tourists everywhere...  just seeing the Amish living their very focused lifestyle, listening to the clop of hooves, - I swear my blood pressure went down!

Thanks, Lancaster county , for loving quilts...  you are part of the lineage of all modern quilters!

Did I buy some fabric???  Oh, you bet I did...  photos to follow in another post - it's still in the suitcase...

...........oh, got home last night at 2 am - so very tired... 

got to go sleep.............perchance to dream of quilts in Lancaster County.

Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...