Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Oh What a Day !!!!

Hhello everyone, and I hope you are having a fabulous weekend - I know I am...

Recently I entered this little quilt in our local guild show...remember it? I started it in a Cindy Needham class , and it was oh so much fun.

Well, I found out yesterday that a slide show featuring some of the quilts from our show was on the FRONT PAGE of TheQuilt Show - - wowee...  it is the Amador Valley Quilters slide show.  Alex Anderson was our guest artist, and she arranged this , surprise to us. 

Well, I am just tickled pink !!!!  wow, one of my quilts displayed on The Quilt Show.... 

Well - BIG NEWS - I started a new quilt .... alert the media........... you see, I had finished all the ones I had started (not), and used up all my stash (not) and just had nothing else to sew (never), sooo

VICTORIA was born...  here's what she looks like now:

She is a piece of Appenzell-style linen handerchief, mounted on a lovely Dupioni silk.   Lots more work to do...  and, yes, I will show you pictures over and over until you are sick of this one, too...

BUT THE BEST?  I have decided that VICTORIA will have SISTERS...  she is going to be part of a set......................   my head is exploding...................

love love all the fun I am havin..

take care,
happy quilting
Kate

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I am starting new projects tomorrow, or today if I can stay indoors for a bit. I am not into the Victorian thing, but love the look of it. I wish I was, as I see the beauty of the work.
I have a bit more stash than last year, so I do need to get going. Storage of stash is a problem for me due to the size of my studio being 3'x6', really!

Sara said...

I am particularly impressed with your handkerchief project---very creatively executed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...