Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

$33 Billion Dollar Stash

HI -
Well - we're moving... and that necessitates packing up all my stash, my machines, my yard, and on and on.... So - that has opened up lots of discussion and comment about just HOW much fabric I really have - and the following discussion:
DH: Is this box trash? ME: Those are scraps...

DH: yes, trash, right? ME: oh heavens , no - scraps are valuable.


DH: are these trash? ME: Oh, no, those are strings...

DH: they are such little pieces, are they any good? ME: oh heavens - - strings are valuable.


DH: are these trash? ME: Oh, no, those are crumbs...

DH they are such TI?ny pieces, are they any good? ME: oh heavens -crumbs are valuable.
So - last night, DH brought me the following AARP publication and said: Look honey, an article about your stash... you see the headlines: "The $33 Billion Stash" !!!! I laughed and laughed...


Why , I am sure my stash is only worth $33 Million, not $33 Billion !!!
Happy Quilting, everyone!
Kate

4 comments:

Pokey said...

Tell him, "Honey, we are rich, and you didn't even know it!"
Or, maybe you could tell him the one about how you save him SO much money by keeping all this stuff...
Oh I'm smiling with you, I really identify!!
:-}pokey
ps, I love my DH, too!

Vicki W said...

and that is why I will never move! When we moved here 12 years ago, half of the boxes were for my sewing room. Now it would be 3/4!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

hahaha! have a smooth move! Your package is on it's way to CA! perhaps ahead of you!

Marjorie said...

Some people believe in food storage for emergencies...and then there are those of us who have emergency stashes of fabric. With the economy what it is, who can afford to NOT save those crumbs and strings???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...