Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Discovered Napa Today



Gee - did anyone know they had lots of vineyards in California??? geee... lots and lots.








So - this recently transplanted East Coaster discovered Napa Valley today - now, mind you, the photos above are stolen from the web - it's not quite that green yet...


But wowee is it a great place - palatial wineries - all the famous names I have seen for so long... and fabulous restaurants... we had a terrific lunch at one of the wineries - some of that california 'haute cuisine', which translates into "tiny portions"... but we found an ice cream shop later!!!



I can't wait to go back - a great place for a day trip, although I hear the traffic gets beastly in the summer when the touristas arrive...


OH - THERE'S A QUILT SHOP, TOO!!! It's in Sonoma, and it's a fabulous place - full of great fabrics and quilty activities!

And I found some lovelies to bring home... I want to make a new Mariner's Compass quilt...

All in all - a lovely day!

Hope everyone is well...

Happy Quilting,


Kate




2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Wine and a quilt shop. Doesn't get much better than that.

Pattilou said...

Sounds like a fun day. Wine country sightseeing is on my list. I'll be glad to go sometime other than the summer! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...