Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quiltin' is Happening Here!

Hi everyone - it's a great sunny spring in California !!! And I'm having a great quilting time... I'm trying to finish up my Mariner's Compass quilt - about time, too, since I signed up to show it in our Guild quilt show in a few weeks...
















I decided to use a nice basketweave pattern in machine quilting the green section around the center. I like the way it turns out (markings to be removed later - have a ways to go yet)..
















I put together a top from some lottery blocks I won - this will eventually go to charity when quilted up...














And I've been quilting up some small quilts for the Sunshine Yahoo Guild, who collected more than 2000 (yes, 2000) 9-patch blocks in memory of our friend Bev. Those blocks are gradually turning into quilts that will go with to the Wrap-A-Smile Foundation... these are ready for binding now! Aren't they cute all snuggled up in the laundry basket???














Meanwhile, I have an interesting quandry at my house - DH has become obsessed with an online war game - hours and hours he plays this game... now - can I possibly say:

"Why are you playing that game (sewing)all the time?" or "Why don't you get off that computer (sewing machine) and do something useful?"

OOH, I think I best hush and say things like:

Gee, that game looks fun (beautiful).

Gosh, you are better at that game (quilting) than anyone else!

LOL - he's getting lots of advice from George the Cat...

We all need our hobbies , now don't we???
















Happy Quilting ,

Kate

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

The medallion is stunning but I want to ask about the basket weave - that also is wonderful! Are you starting and stopping or is there a way to do partial continuous line machine quilting?

Marjorie said...

I love the basket weave! I haven't seen that done before...I am so stealing that idea.

Kathleen said...

I'm so glad you like the basket weave - it's a stencil I traced on, and then just did the micro-stippling in the little spaces between the woven looking strips. You can do it continuous line, but you have to do a little retracing, but I don't obsess about it, just go where I need to go! I like it too, thanks..
Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...