Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Your opinion , please!!

 Hello hello - I'd love some feedback, please, on the final stage of this Quilt of Valor.  The pieced border is finished and on... but the piece needs more width and height, so I want to put on six inches of border, both for size, and for some eye-calming solid space.

Pardon the grainy photo - the little stars on the fabric seem to have freaked out my camera and turned them into grainy dots - but you get the idea.

I have three options...

1.  a six-inch blue star border;
2.  a six-inch red star border;














3.  a combination border - like one inch of gold and then blue or red...  disregard the width of the gold fabric laid down there - i didn't want to cut anything for the audition... 

The trouble is that none of these three options is really floating my boat... 

What do you think, my gifted quilty friends???

thanks much,
Kate




6 comments:

Meg said...

actually, i like it just as it is. i wouldn't add anymore to it.
if you need it for size, i think i'd go with a small gold and then blue.
be sure to post a final pic.

Becky said...

Do you have any white left? A strip of it would look good followed by either the blue (my choice) or the red. Gold has a tendency to hog all the attention.

Marlene@FlareFabrics said...

Lovely - but I tend to agree with Meg - unless you need it larger I'd leave it as is. But if you do, then Becky's got it- a thin white strip then blue.

Beth said...

I like the idea of two borders - thin gold and then the red or blue

KLJ said...

It looks like it already has a border. I love it just the way it is. It looks finished and gorgeous.

Marjorie said...

I agree with Becky...some white and then anchored with blue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...