Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

In Love with Craftsy

Hi everyone...

Have you tried a Craftsy.com course yet???

I did - I took a Quilting and Design class from Cindy Needham.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cindy's work - and am already signed up to take a workshop from her in February... so thought this class would be a good little warmup...

My expectations were pretty low - just some tips, perhaps, and some talking head...

WELL wow, was I surprised... and now here is what I am working on...  This is made from a vintage napkin, laid over a piece of gold batik, and then I used pieces of several stencils to mark the quilting design...  using Kimono silk thread... 

I was really nuts to thread paint all those little diamond centers - chalk that up as a beginner's mistake!  But, this will be my "first" piece in this style - I can get better on the next one!

and , oh - I am taking tomorrow off from work and will be home all day - yippee!!  quilting, quilting!!!

I'll let you know what I can get done tomorrow...  hooray!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...