Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Brand New Year

oh, my...  a brand new year...

Sort of like a new bolt of fabric, all smooth to the touch...

or a new cutter blade, that slides through the cloth so beautifully...

I am so very much looking forward to this year...  with 4-5 years to retirement from my "day job", I am really working to prepare to do more teaching and lecturing around quilts - seems like a great way to enjoy some of my retirement time, doesn't it????

So - let's see ...

THIS YEAR I WILL FINISH THE TOP OF THIS HEXAGON QUILT.......I just know i will.  Or, at least, I think I will.  As you can see, there's one substantial corner left to go...  ugh...........  I figure it will take three or four months...  and then I have to add a bit around the sides and top and bottom to allow some breathing space and space for binding...  
I WILL ALSO FINISH THIS QUILT... This is "Pineapple Crazy"  from Bonnie Hunter's latest book, and I just love these little five inch pineapples, which are paper pieced.  I just started it, have done around 20 of the 220 needed - so, not to many left at all - - haha...
And so - since I have these two ENORMOUS projects underway, I spent yesterday and today focusing on these projects  doing SOMETHING ELSE ALTOGETHER!  good grief I have no discipline at all...

I simultaneously am working today on two mysteries.... first, the New Year's Day Mystery by Kris Driessen of the Quiltbug Shop in Esperance, NY...  in these fabulous Crayola colors:
 and then, of course, the ongoing Bonnie Hunter mystery, Easy Street, which is looking like this.  (goodness I hope I don't get those two mysteries confused, they would make one ugly quilt, wouldn't they??)  I can't tell yet if I like the colors I chose for Easy Street, will need to get more of it put together.  Am wishing I did not choose a white white - perhaps a little tea dye when it is done???  Can't tell yet. 

I wish all of you the Very Most Happy New Year.... and many successes in all your endeavors...

Kate

1 comment:

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

AH!Kate,Kate vá fazendo os brancos juntos com os coloridos,sua colcha de hexágonos,está LINDA,não demora você vai ver.Siga com vontade,cada dia um pouco de cada,e foi...Feliz Ano Novo!Feliz Ano Todo!!.Beijos do Brasil.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...