Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Kate's Sandwich Shop is Open

Well, well, well.................  my holiday time has been wonderful - a LOT of sewing, a little cleaning... this morning I attacked the cookbook shelf - a HUGE stack to try to either sell or donate... 

AND - I opened a Sandwich Shop !!!! 

Well, not a real Sandwich Shop...  a quilting sandwich shop...

For  years a while now I have had a giant stack few flimsies stored in a closet until I could sandwich them... for a while I couldn't sandwich because I didn't have good sandwich skills , then for a while I didn't have good tables, then I didn't have clips that fit my tables...and forget crawling around on the floor - these knees just won't take that any more. 

WELL, I AM A SANDWICHING FOOL NOW.
 I found these handy-dandy tables at Home Depot............. and here is a little charity flimsy I made for the Sunshine Guild - I love the happy blue and yellow and that great stripe...  I am always stumped with how to use stripes...








 I can clip down my backing fabric with these little tablecloth clips from Camping World...  fit all size tables... yipppe - a recent find from quilter Cindy Needham.  I can also use tape if the piece is too small, or on the sides, like this one, if smaller than the table..


 Add batting, top, and a goodly supply of safety pins - and voila - a stack of flimsies becomes a stack of sandwiches!!!!  In this stack is everything from little charity tops to my "treasures"...  Once they are sandwiched, I find that the chance of being completed goes WAY up !!  Pardon the mess...

 
 And, of course , there are some more BACKS available if I run short....



........... oh, no, those aren't ALL backs - just some newly-organized 'deep stash'...  DH helped me color sort for three days... it's the best organization I have ever had!!

So - have I sandwiched ALL my flimsies???  Well, not quite - I have maybe six or seven to go - but once upon a time I had around 25... so - MAJOR PROGRESS...

Maybe one day I will have no flimsies awaiting sandwiching... don't worry, if that happens, you will be the first to hear about it !!!!

Is sandwiching the part where you get stuck, too?  What if your LQS had an occasional "sandwich-making" day - like a class, except you bring your flimsy, and the 'teacher' assists you in putting together your sandwich, getting it pinned, etc.  Would you be interested in that???  

Happy Saturday to all,

Kate








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...