Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oh Boy Am I On a Roll Now !

Oh my friends, I am having so much fun... 

Last summer, I started two pieces in a workshop with Cindy Needham.  One was the piece called Mystic Glacier, that I wrote about in my last blog... now finished and the paperwork submitted for a juried show.  

Today I want to share some photos of the other piece.  It had a tortured beginning, but oh it is fun now...  here's a little sneak peak.   All the machine work is complete, and I am starting to sew on some highlight beading.


 
 
Here is the bottom - now you can see that this is a pillowcase... a vintage, lovely pillowcase.  I stuffed the batting inside, and put a piece of Gold Radiance at the bottom to highlight the crochetwork.  I still have work to do on the bottom so the back of the pillowcase does not show, and I have to disguise the shadowing of the Raadiance across the bottom -  I'll do that differently the next time I do a pillowcase!
 
 
 
 here's some detail...............
oh I love it, love it.


I also found some lovely vintage lace that will be added on this, and a lot more beading...  
fun, fun.... photos again when finished !!

oh so happy quilting,
Kate

5 comments:

Michele said...

That is really gorgeous. I have some pillowcases my grandma added crochet to at the bottom and haven't had the heart to use them. This gives me the idea to maybe quilt them somehow and frame them.

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Such lovely work. I think you should change your blog's name to the Prolific Quilting Professor.

LA Paylor said...

wowie! that's it, just wowza
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, Kate, that is just spectacular!! Whoop whoop!!

Lynette said...

BEAUTIFUL. :D I would love so much to take a class with Cindy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...