Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

COMPULSIVE SEWING

OK, I'm feeling COMPULSIVE...........     rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

work is stressful..... very..... some people are not performing well, which is making it difficult for me to perform well.........you know how that goes................

DH is away, so I have to do all the house chores............grrrr

and the almighty mess in Washington DC is just more disgusting than I can begin to say............

so.............................I'm sewing - fast - - and loud - - and ripping through strip sets... 

first I quilted.................  this lovely top - on my George APQS machine - a real powerhouse - let out a lot of stress that way...  this little charity quilt is now ready to trim and bind...

 So then, I thought about taking out my handy dandy new camera and learning to use it - NO, NO, not ready to learn new technology - mind not calm enough.

So - out came the scrap drawer.............  For nearly four years, I have dutifully cut and saved my scraps in the Bonnie Hunter Scrap-Users Hoarders-System , filling up drawers, bags, and boxes of 2.5 inch strips, 1.5 inch strips, 3.5 inch strips - oh my my............. I never sewed a thing from any of it...

UNTIL THIS WEEK, AND NOW I CAN'T STOP....................
This is just one small part - 2.5 inch strips - boy I don't have enough neutrals - oh well, there's plenty in the stash... just cut it up................

first came strip sets, then cross-cuts, then sixteen patch units..............lots and LOTS of them.  Mystic just watched me with his big, amber eyes.........................

\\\\\\
 
 
 
 
 












NOW I HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF IRONING TO DO..............

..................and somehow, I still feel stressed.............

perhaps a margarita will do the trick.................. 


if it doesn't, I'm going to have a mountain of 16 patches..............

check in tomorrow to see if I have exploded................

Kate











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...