Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Just Working Along

Sometimes I get so frustrated reading blogs - everyone seems to have all these FINISHES to show...

and MORE FINISHES.... 

Well, I plug along on some of these linen projects - they take a VERY LONG TIME...

like this one...I've really been focusing on this, trying to get it all joined together so I can take out the pins.  I love this piece, a Madeira tablecloth that I found on eBay, on a piece of Dupioni silk - I just love love the color of that silk.   The first step is to stitch around the edge of every leaf, and outline every vein... 
 
 

 Next I will go in and stitch down the brick colored fabric - that takes forever!!!!  Then last, do decorative stitching on the ecru... Stay tuned - this is going to take a while !!!!

Meanwhile I have some other fun, quicker projects... like this sweet charity quilt, made from blocks I won in a block Lotto, and all quilted and bound...

 and then, while cleaning, I discovered a lot of these spikey squares below - I think they were left over from a Bonnie Hunter Mystery - so I put some novelty fabric in the center, and made some cute little blocks - - and yes, that cat tail on the right is real !!!!  I have no idea where these blocks will end up...

 
 
 

So - color me busy quilting - having lots of fun, even with those long-term projects...
 
If you are at the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza next week, stop by my quilt, say hi, and send me a selfie with it !! - - how fun would that be...
 
Happy Wednesday,
 
Kate
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...