Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

It's a Quilting Weekend - Yippee !


I do love a quilting weekend.  I have no reason to go anywhere this weekend - DH is doing the shopping and the errands, and I have no appointments or meetings...

So, here we go sewing and sewing.........

These are my blocks for "Sarah's Revival", pattern by Sue Garman.  Well, I got to the end of the patterns, and was four blocks short - so I had to copy out the patterns, pin them to the blocks, figure out what I was short, and then get new patterns...  sometime I get very frustrated at my lack of linear process... but, oh well, I'm back on track now...  have a few more to go !

Mostly I worked on this linen quilt

I have completed all the edge stitching, around every flower, every cutwork hole, yep, all of them..

Now I am adding detail...lots and lots of detail... so fun  !!!!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Unless I lose my sanity , I'll show you this next after I have stitched down the rust colored fabric - can you see on the circle at the left it is flat?   yep, stitched down... got to do ALL those little cutworks that way - yep, there goes my sanity... for sure.

Ooh, honey just said "come here, we have to trim the cat's nails"  - - OH BOY !

got to run... life duties.

Have a good weekend,

Kate

2 comments:

Empty Closet Quilting said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!! Your projects are gloriously beautiful! The rust color behind the linen is just wonderful.

Unknown said...

This is fantastic. Love it. It is something that I would never have the stamina to finish. Good luck and happy times to you. Beautiful work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...