Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Still Quiltin'

Hello my friends

It's been a while since I have posted on this blog - life has just kept me pretty busy ! 

But, I have been plugging along on several big projects -

Remember this piece?  The final details are just taking a long, long time............





All the little cut-work windows have been stitched down, one by one - oh wow did that take a long time !!




And a lot of little tiny beeds have been added - with more to go.


 Yes, that is hand-embroidery around the feather... I decided it just didn't stand out enough, so I am hand-embroidering with a stem stitch around the feathers - I think it is just going to be gorgeous... you can see in this photo how the feathers show on the right, but are not noticeable on the left...  lots more to go !

Working on something like this tends to make me feel color-deprived, so I often sew on something for kids just to enjoy using some screaming color...  like THIS - just the beginning of a heartstrings quilt... 


 hmm, do you think the sock adds to this photo ???  Boy this is bright !!

Everyone take care, and keep quilting and quilting, and then quilt some more !

Kate


3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That linen piece really is going to be spectacular!

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Bith projects are just great! I do love that bright orange.

Pattilou said...

I second what Vicki said! You make everything look so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...