Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Project for Christmas Eve

So, let me begin by saying 'Merry, Merry Christmas", to all who celebrate this holiday, and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate another holiday.

DH and I and the furry ones are having a quiet Christtmas... we'll have a bit of company and a bit of travel in the next week... but today and tomorrow we have declared "do whatever you want"  days !

I talked DH into cooking something simple - so we'll dip back to a dish we loved when we lived in Louisiana - and feast on crawfish etouffee !!! 

So - what's a quilter to do?  Well, why not dig out a UFO and focus on that?  So - in a corner, in a bin, I have been keeping an eye on this:


It's a Bonnie Hunter pattern - a Mystery - maybe last Christmas??? 

So here's where it gets interesting - I have all the little "parts" - but no more completed blocks...

Cause I am NOT A LINEAR QUILTER...

I have always admired quilters who make all the blocks, and then assemble the quilt... no, I make two or three blocks, sew them together, make some more, sew them together... I just can't wait to see the top coming together... 

So let me go see if I can remember how to make the last three blocks...  I did find the corner and setting triangles... 

A good cup of coffee will certainly help...

Happy Christmas Eve to everyone.

Kate

1 comment:

Terri said...

We all have our own way of working... you get instant gratification your way...still you have a UFO and so do I.
Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...