Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Little Trip into Town

Tonight we went into town......................

I grew up in the country, about 7 miles from "town".  I went to a 'county school' - not the "town school"... 

The 'town' kids were richer, smarter, more advantaged...

And went we 'went to town', it was a big deal - the grocery, the hardware store, the five and dime, maybe an ice cream, maybe the clothing store.... always buying just the things we couldn't raise, barter, or 'make do' without.   Mostly we ate from the garden, or from the hog or pig we butchered.

Town was a typical, southern small city with fewer than 20,000 people - with a hospital, a Lipton tea factory, a newspaper, you know, small town America....


Well, a lot of water has gone under the bridge....

And now I "go into town" in SAN FRANCISCO !!

And I have decided I love my adopted city...

So let me share some holiday photos of "town"...while you sing "I Left My Heart .... in San Francisco".... 







What a great TOWN !!

Merry Christmas, everyone..

Kate




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...