Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Off on a Tangent

Well - you know how they say a quilt can talk to you?   Well, this one has taken me on a wild ride..........

Here's how it looked in May........... its a Sue Garman pattern, called "Sarah's Revival".   I had one more row to put on the bottom.  But then I got occupied with other things, and it sat on the shelf.  

And then I started to hear it talk..............  the middle blocks just weren't quite right - not quite centered, not quite well done..............  So I decided to take them out............

And then I decided to take out the red sashing.............
So I took it all apart.
Then it told me it wanted to have the blocks set on point !!!!

So - here it is now......  I'm gradually rebuilding it on point, and as a rectangle instead of a square.

And with cream sashings..............

 
It looks really different, doesn't it ????  I like how the applique has room to breathe. 
 
Well, stay tuned, and we'll see what happens next............ 
 
this sure is fun.........
 
Kate
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Michele said...

I like where it is going and can't wait to see it finished.

lindaroo said...

Yes, calmer, more expansive. It's lovely.

Carol E. said...

Wow! I'm glad you listened to it. It'll be gorgeous when it's done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...