Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

The "Goings On" in My Quilty Life

hi there........... come on in and sit a spell..............

My life is still a bit complicated, so I am just quilting for therapy.............. and when I quilt for therapy, I cut up scraps, I assemble tops from orphan blocks, I make tops with crumb blocks........

Therapy quilting is great for scrap management.

No. 1 is not an inspired effort -  but it did use up 13 crumb blocks...... maybe it will be better when it is quilted...

 No. 2 is assembled from some old, old Lotto blocks.  This was assembled into a top more than five years ago, and has sat on top of a bookcase waiting for quilting - finally done !
 The last one is just a top - crumb blocks used up , hooray !  I like this one, and am eager to quilt it up. 

In other news, I have decided to apply for certification as a judge, you know, for quilt shows.  I think it will be fun.  The first step is to apply for and get accepted as a candidate.  To do that I have to volunteer at three quilt shows to help with judging, and have to judge a show of at least 30 quilts.  I started setting up the volunteering, and already have one, maybe two situations set up with shows this spring.  I have no clue how I will get the judging with at least 30 quilts, but I am just going to forge ahead and trust that it will all work out.  


Mystic says hello - - I was quilting, and he snuggled into the quilt, and it was a photo moment !

 
 
Night everyone !
 
Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...