Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Scribing for the Judge

my friends - last week I went to a wonderful quilt show............

but there were no quilts hanging;
no vendors vending;
no people paying to enter - well, not yet - they came a couple of days later;

cause it was Judging Day................at the "Best of the Valley"  quilt show in Lindsay, CA.

Let me introduce you to the ladies who run the quilt show... they do not belong to a single guild, rather the show is produced as a non-profit organization, with a very hard-working steering committee..





and here is the judging.... hard at work.  That is Jody Ohrt, a California judge.  She is very positive, finding good things to note about every single quilt.  She judged around 100 quilts, while another judge judged the other 100.  Then they worked together to award Best of Show, Best Quilting, and the other big awards...


I worked as a scribe... if you look at the table, I am the only person dressed in red - you can see me in the reflection in the mirror on the wall........... I learned a lot, and it was fabulous seeing all the quilts... there are some terrific quilters around Lindsay, CA

THANK YOU LADIES of the Best of the Valley Quilt Show !!  Well done.

Kate


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...